Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Day One. Things that I fear... or I'm taking back...

Today was the first day of the Ten Days of Writing. I wrote at the workshop at the Ritzdorf Apartments. One of the prompts I chose and will work on further, was "Things that I fear..." (Remember this is not distilled yet!)

I fear letting go of the only family I have ever known.
I fear leaving a city that has fully embraced me and allowed me to be myself authentically.
I fear leaving my bachelor life of fifteen years forever.
I fear moving my seventeen year old dog to a completely different terrain and way of life.
I fear how upset he'll be when he finds no room in my bed because there's a stranger there now instead.
I fear having to make all new friends and I fear leaving all the good old ones behind.
I fear being the only write around facilitator in a place where there will be none.
I fear, fear itself, and yet I embrace it fully, knowing full well good things always come out of pushing through it. I will embrace what ever those things are with a gracious heart.

JKC

No comments:

Post a Comment