Friday, February 20, 2009

Day Eight. I Know.

The eighth workshop in the series was held in a place I've always wanted to check out: Sisters of the Road Cafe on NW 6th. There were twenty five or so participants in total, and while two left at the intermission, the universe provided us just minutes later with two late arrivals. I'm seeing some faces I've seen in other workshops, so I'm glad people are taking advantage of the "Ten Days of Writing." I chose the first prompt.

I know this is a free-write and I could write about anything, yet I keep thinking I only have three minutes to come up with something. What can I possibly come up with and get on paper in such a short time?

It doesn't matter, the facilitator did not say I had three minutes to come up with a poem, fairy tale or even the next greatest novel. Just write something (dog gam-mit), write something about what I know.

Oh no, she just said we have one minute to wrap it up.

Thank God spelling, grammar and neatness do not matter. I do know this much for sure. I'm so glad to be out writing with strangers in the community I live, possibly sharing and definitely respecting.

JKC

No comments:

Post a Comment